[plug] IPTables/Firewall GUI settings

craig at postnewspapers.com.au craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Jun 28 19:31:51 WST 2002

> My home box/gateway is running Debian Woody, and is using pretty much the
> default iptables stuff. Are there any tools to make maintaining a more
> secure system easier, as far as firewall admin go?

apt-get install fwbuilder

Its a gui-based tool that allows firewall construction w/o worrying
about the syntatic details of the target host. The output isn't the
friendliest to read, but it works very well.

You still write the rules, but at a somewhat higher level.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)