[plug] Middle East?

Richard Henry r.henry at murdoch.edu.au
Sat Jun 29 12:36:47 WST 2002

While I think it is fine to stray a bit from straight linux discussion to
other related realms occasionally, such as computer technology in general, I
think it is best we stay well away from politics.

Think outside your square and make a difference?  Like sending email to a
linux discussion list proclaiming your political stance is going to do
something about the situation?  If you want to "make a difference", do as
Skribe says, grab a soapbox and go preach in the city.  You'll reach a lot
more people, perhaps even some that are interested.

<rant>

The escalated situation the Palestinian people find themselves in at the
moment is, IMNSHO, nothing but their own invention ("Hey, lets blow up that
bus full of schoolchildren!").  Personally, I think Israel should upgrade to
full-scale war and wipe them out - the whole area is just another breeding
ground for terrorists.  But hey, that's just me.  It's an incredibly
controversial viewpoint, and is sure to get various people's backs up, which
is why I wouldn't (normally) share it on a non-political mailing list.  Do
you now see where your initial comment could lead?

Politics breeds flame-wars, especially the politics of controversial
situations.  Politics on non-political mailing lists is bad mmkay?

</rant>

Richard.

P.S.  If you want to flame me, feel free to mail me direct so we can get
this rubbish off the general list.