[plug] Society of Linux Professionals (WA) Inaugural Meeting

Brian Tombleson brian at paradigmit.com.au
Sun Jun 30 17:52:45 WST 2002

> What I want to know is, what is the definition of a 'linux
professional'???

In it's simplest form, it's basically just wanting to know enough or be
involved enough to pay the subscription fees (TBA).

The aims/goals of the society are (could/should be) oriented to the
advancement of Linux as a commercial alternative.  If Linux is not the
platform for your product or service, I doubt you'll find it worthwhile to
be a member.

We hope that the actions of SLPWA will inadvertantly help PLUG and other
groups.  We don't intend to duplicate PLUG services and advantages.  We
intend to directly support PLUG where PLUG's activities directly contribute
to our cause.

There is nothing yet set in concrete about SLPWA other than the initial
committee members.  Everything else is under debate at least until the next
committee meeting.

As information becomaes available it will be posted to the SLPWA web site at
www.slpwa.linux.org.au
Periodic updates and news will probably also be posted here (PLUG).

Regards,
Brian Tombleson.