[plug] Society of Linux Professionals (WA) Inaugural Meeting

wayne hatari at iinet.net.au
Sun Jun 30 00:37:32 WST 2002

On Saturday, 29 June 2002 11:59pm  Leon wrote:
>....basically agreed to by dozens if not scores of Linux
more-or-less-Professionals.

This is the part that is starting to worry me, Leon.  I can see the "mores"
f**king off and leaving the "lesses" floundering in their wake.  After all,
what "Professional" would want to hang around and continue to build on
[PLUG] when you can do so much more for yourself at THE business end of THE
Profession?   (:o^)

eg.
Which MSCE would want to hang around with the DOS freaks?
Which artiste would want to work in Sydney when they can work in Hollywood?
Which polly would stick around on the back bench when he/she could be the
Prime Minister?
Which concert violinist wants to play second fiddle?
Which CSIRO scientist would stay here if they could work at JPL, NASA,
CALTECH, et at?
Get my drift?

If you are going to become Professionals then surely you need to make a
clean break without the "hype" that implies you stay?  If you stay for
"pilferring" purposes (I don't know exactly what I mean here) then it
becomes a little (I don't know what I mean here either) ....unhelpful to
colleagues in [PLUG] (is that what I mean?)

Can the two organisations co-exist?  Or do [PRO] members NEED to make a
clean break - and the rest of the [PLUG] pick up the pieces now and move
forward?  I am trying to visualise what it means as new comments come
forward on the list.

Kind Regards,
wayne.