[plug] Finix Francese?

Nathan D natdan at pobox.com
Sun Mar 3 22:02:31 WST 2002

At 09:39 PM 3/03/2002 +0800, wayne wrote:
>Hello, Any!
>
>There is supposed to be a Linux that runs direct off CD at
><http://www.finix.org>http://www.finix.org , but the site is all French
>(thus, Finix=French Linux?).  Can someone who speaks French check this out
>for me?  Does anyone know of such a distribution (in English)?

Using my Opera browser I could select sections of text and read the English
(or close to it) version. Some parts are quite entertaining -
"With the paddle of the 3 2nd millenium, all the computers are occupied by
BillumGatus... All? Not! Those of a populated village of irreducible
Finixiens resist still and always to the invader.
And the life is not easy for the garrison of microcerfs embedded in their
floods of bugs and cut off behind their service pack..."

Opera uses a service which can be found at -
http://translation.lycos.com/  An URL can be pasted into the site and the
entire site is translated.  Not always perfect, but enough to get an
idea.  I'm sure there are similar sites around as
well?  http://babelfish.altavista.com/  is meant to be a goody as well.

Lots of Luck :o)

regards,
   Nathan