[plug] default gateway on dhcp client

Alan Graham alan.graham at infonetsystems.com.au
Mon Mar 4 13:08:52 WST 2002

This is the relevant portion of my dhcpd.conf.  As you can see, I normally
use linuxconf, but that doesn't matter.  The routers entry is the same as
yours, but this works fine (ie, adds the gateway) on both linux and windoze
clients.  Mybe something esoteric to do with the netmask?  Are the clients on
the same subnet as the gateway?

Alan

/root# more /etc/dhcpd.conf
### Managed by Linuxconf, you may edit by hand.
### Comments may not be fully preserved by linuxconf.

server-identifier homer;
default-lease-time 259200;
max-lease-time 432000;
option broadcast-address        192.168.1.255;
option domain-name-servers      208.179.42.162,
        203.0.178.191,
        204.107.129.2;
option routers  192.168.1.254;
option subnet-mask      255.255.255.0;
subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0{
        range  192.168.1.20 192.168.1.30;
}