[plug] ext3 on rh7.2

Craig Foster fostware at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 5 12:36:45 WST 2002

Internally, I use ext3 for journaling only, in conjunction with hardware
RAID - mainly for the shorter fsck than normal for large drives (anyone
here will attest :-)

Read the various journals to see what each file system has for pros Vs
cons.
Some are faster for small files, other for large, and the same for fitting
more on a disk (block alignment)

There are other considerations such as memory, RAID, and other
hardware/software issues....

Just my $0.0102 US worth.

Craig Foster