[plug] Connection sharing through windoze

Peter J. Nicol peternicol at vrl.com.au
Thu Mar 7 20:47:29 WST 2002

> On Tuesday 05 Mar 2002 9:13 am, Clint Carlson wrote:
> > Hi all ...
> >
> > My wife has a windoze XP machine connected to the net via dialup, and I
> > was wondering if there was any way for me to share the connection with
> > my mandrake 8.0 box ... and pointers or links to how to's would be
> > appreciated. Thanks.

I did this recently at an internet cafe (of sorts).

I connected a redhat 7.2 box to the hub, it took all the info via dhcp
and was surfing immediately.

Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) appears to run a DHCP
server, and away you go.

It was absurdly simple.

The code is pretty generic, and I assume it is the same in mandrake
(being redhat based distro).