Header query - was Re: [plug] query a package

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Wed Mar 6 08:36:04 WST 2002

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Jon L.Miller wrote:

> Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 18:07:58 +0800
> From: Jon L.Miller <jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au>
> To: rpm-list at redhat.com
> Subject: [plug] query a package
>
> While trying to query a package I issued the following:
> rpm -ql <packagename>
> What I wanted is a way to query a package for a file that I'm looking for.  I
> would like to be able to query a group of packages that begin with lib*, then
> drill that down to the package that contains the file.
> Hence I assume I have to |grep <filename> to end up with a command like
>
> rpm -ql lib* |grep libdb*
>
> Is this correct?
>
> Thanks

The reason that the header is included, is that that is whence this query
arises.

The email above, appears to have been sent to a red hat mailing list, and
yet it has a Reply To address of the PLUG mailing list.

When I initiated this reply to the message (with this query), the header
of my message, showed To: <PLUG mailing list> Cc: <red hat mailing list>.

Is this what happens when a person cross-posts to different mailing lists?

If not, what has caused the header irregularity, on the message above from
Jon Miller?

--
Bret Busby