[plug] GNU/Linux on DELL notebook

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Wed Mar 6 09:25:19 WST 2002

On Wednesday 06 March 2002 09:13, Ben Jensz wrote:
> > I think you'll get an `our policy is...' reply, but there's no harm in
> > trying. If you were BHP or the ATO, it might be different.

> Try adding in a "if it isn't possible to remove Windows from my laptop
> purchase, then I will have to seek other alternative brands instead."

> See what sort of response that gives you :).

Good point, and one I should have thought of.

Another tactic along those lines is to phrase the question along the lines of
`my local Linux User Group and all of the businesses behind them would be
delighted to learn that Dell does offer a bare laptop as an economic
alternative, helping to differentiate Dell from Compaq and several other
competitors who do not'.

There's nothing like the mention of a specific competing brand to fire their
competitive instincts. (-:

Cheers; Leon