[plug] I never thought I'd see that day!

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Wed Mar 6 10:09:44 WST 2002

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 09:49:12AM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> This is so far out of character that I had to read it twice to make sure he'd
> really said what I thought he'd said:
>
> > Allchin admitted to lawyers for the states that Microsoft violated
> > the law but refused to specify the violations.
>
> > "I don't think that I can summarize those," Allchin said. "I'm not
> > an attorney."
>
> Buried in the middle of this:
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/industry/03/05/microsoft.states.ap/index.html
>
> I hope it presages better things, but am cynic enough to expect a round of
> disclaimers and backpedalling now.

They know they've broken the law.  Everyone else knows they've broken
the law.  They know everyone else knows so they've stopped pretending.
This is just another tactic.  Now they're going to be arguing over
exactly how they've broken the law and what an appropriate penalty
should be.

--
DSA 0x2A0F80F3: 39F3 4E10 9BE9 E728 A9EE  029C D51D EE53 2A0F 80F3