[plug] Linux Reference

Peter J. Nicol peternicol at vrl.com.au
Fri Mar 8 21:04:32 WST 2002

> If you're really stuck, perhaps someone can suggest an introductory
> tutorial to the unix shell?

Best bet is the library or the bookshop.

I have the 'classic' "A practical guide to the Unix System" by Mark G.
Sobell, and also the o'reilly "Unix in a Nutshell" ... both are pretty
good, and seem to be more useful to me than the 'Redhat Linux X.X
Unleased/In 21 Days/SooperdooperGuide/Whatever' big thick books that you
see everywhere.

It seems to be the smaller the better.

I also have an ancient vi 'cheat card' copyright 1985 ... but hey
<absbestos suit="on"> who uses vi anymore.