[plug] Mudrock SIG names

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Thu Mar 7 12:15:33 WST 2002

On Wednesday 06 March 2002 22:54, garry wrote:
> BillK wrote:
>> I'm in, even a half hour break after my last tute!  I vote for MUGL
>> ("Murdoch user Group - Linux", pronounced muggle like in Harry potter!)
> I may be mistaken, but I'm sure i remember seeing posters for "MUGLS"
> before.. But it was Murdoch Uni Gay + Lesbian Society..

> Be a shame to:
> Steal some other groups' name;
> Be confused and go to the wrong meeting..

Acronyms are a dime a dozen:

PLUMS - Perth Linux Users' Mudrock SIG

MULGA - Mudrock University Linux GAthering

PLUSSS - Perth Linux Users Southern Suburbs SIG

SLAM - Supporters of Linux At Mudrock

SLAMDUNK - Supporting Linux And Many Dialects of Unix Near mudrocK
           (-: all right, so I'm pushing it :-)

Cheers; Leon