[plug] Dual Boot Linux with XP (NTFS)

Marion at moncrieff.com.au Marion at moncrieff.com.au
Thu Mar 7 14:06:06 WST 2002

At 11:39 AM 9/03/2002 +0800, you wrote:
> > Used Grub, and on the first reboot XP was not available, but during the
> > install it had XP as an option but Linux set as default.

I dual booted my laptop with W2k and Red Hat 7.1.  I used Partition Magic
to create myself a Linux boot partition at the start of my hard drive, then
my W2K partition and then my Linux swap and ext2 partitions.  I haven't had
any problems with this setup at all, in fact it works quite nicely.  Don't
know if that helps any, but the info is there.  I had no idea what I was
doing, basically, and I'm still very new to this, but it's going fine.

Regards

Marion Collins
Systems Engineer
http://www.moncrieff.com.au