[plug] Traffic Stats

Ryan ryan at slowest.net
Sun Mar 10 20:51:05 WST 2002

I have used ipchains accounting, rrdtool and Perl in the past to do
something similar, to show me the breakdown per port/protocol of my traffic
totals.

The tables you'll have to create yourself and use rrdtool for the graphs
based on Perl parsing/logging of the ipchains data.

There is probably a package out there already, but I find making my own
system easier than spending the time hunting for, then reading
documentation about a program I don't know ... and the end result is
something I want, not something I had to persuade myself to like.

Depends if you are up to it ... I have a fetish for stats, you may not ...
I'd give you the code, but the machine I was developing it on got stolen a
while back, and I haven't got back to it since :(

Ryan