[plug] ext3

Mark Nold markn at enspace.com
Sun Mar 10 22:53:30 WST 2002

Whilst an off site backup is good, i can't not recommend RAID for any system
of any importance (from your MP3 collection to corporate data)

I have lost several IDE hard disks in the last year and i really praise the
boxes with RAID which i would have hardly noticed someting was wrong. (Oh
and make sure if you have two disk they are on different controllers). These
disk were from 3 months old to three years.

Hard disks fail. Hard disks fail days, months weeks after you backup. Hard
disks fail at the wrong time.

Use RAID, be happy.

The computer is your friend.

Right-U-Are 5