[plug] [OT] PARNET back up

Grahame Bowland grahame at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Mon Mar 11 10:38:14 WST 2002

On Sun, 2002-03-10 at 15:01, Paul Day wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, Trent Lloyd wrote:
> > It seems PARNET has come back up
>
> 25 hour outage according to the parnet MRTG graphs. Impressive. :)

PARNET room in bankwest lost power. When it came back up one of the ATM
cards had died. There was no replacement locally so we had to wait until
1pm yesterday for the replacement to arrive.

Apparently the universities were capable of talking across PARNET to
each other but this didn't happen much, on account of us all being
unable to talk upstream to locate each others DNS servers.

Oh well, fixed now (mostly.) Luckily I wasn't needed to do any of this
fixing mentioned above so I had a nice weekend :-)

Grahame Bowland                       Email: grahame at ucs.uwa.edu.au
University Communications Services    Phone: +61 8 9380 1175
The University of Western Australia     Fax: +61 8 9380 1109
                                     CRICOS: 00126G