[plug] NFS troubles with RedHat kernel 2.4.9-?

Daniel B cottmain at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 11 14:15:08 WST 2002

It appears that the kernel mentioned above has
problems conerning NFS, whereby connections to an nfs
server are very slow, or simply time-out.

A Redhat discussion forum mentions something along
these lines, and suggests that the 2.4.9 series of
kernel aren't perfect.  Some respondents have had to
Redhat 7.1.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

I personally re-installed a kernel 2.4.7 for RH 7.2.

I tried recompiling a 2.4.9 kernel and made NFS v2 and
v3 a part of the kernel (ie not as modules).  It seems
OK but I have not yet been able to test this fully.

Bill Westerhuis
via Daniel's email.

- Vote for your nominees in our online Oscars pool.