[plug] KDE en_GB i18n question!

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Tue Mar 12 09:14:45 WST 2002

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 11:58:53PM +0800, John Knight wrote:
> That's answered a few questions that i've always had, interesting. I favour
> journalling at this point in time, any objections (or supporters)?

I would also prefer journalling, but my guess is that either spelling
would be acceptable.  I recently had trouble with enrol(l)ment; since
pronunciation of the 'o' sound varies with accent, the "double the next
letter" rule doesn't always apply.  The preferred spelling for
enrol(l)ment isn't even consistent across Australian and English
(British) dictionaries.

Can I also suggest that these discussions be moved to a separate mailing
list if they're going to become a regular thing?  They aren't really
related to Linux, and I'm sure we're annoying someone.

Perhaps the Australian Unitied Super Spelling Intellectual Eggheads?
(since I missed out on the silly acronyms the other day  :)

--
 Leon Blackwell                | Never be afraid to try something new.
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | Remember, amateurs built the ark.