[plug] Multiple Users Simutainus

Buddrige, David BuddrigeD at logica.com
Tue Mar 12 16:36:28 WST 2002

> I have heard that with linux you can switch between users
> with out having
> to log out and that the programs still keep running. Is this
> possible and
> if so how can i do it?

Perhaps the command you are looking for is:

	su

which allows you to change to any given user... ie.

	su fred

allows you to change your current user to fred (it will ask you for his
password unless you are currently root).

if you run the command:

	su

the system will assume you want to change to the root user and ask you for
that password.

cheers

David Buddrige

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.