[plug] Unwiring our big island

garry garbuck at tpg.com.au
Thu Mar 14 22:13:36 WST 2002

As a member of said brigade, I am most impressed by his ability to lay out a
network of a dozen access points - AS AN EXPERIMENT....

Most of us look for the commodity with the kindest volume/cost ratio. Saving
50cents on an antenna because of a Woolies special is something to boast
about.  8^)==

True ingenuity is the stuff of legend. My favourite so far is the 4 element
cubical quad made with 3 used cotton buds and some copper wire...

Being able to paint the landscape in 2.4Ghz is only a dream for mere mortals
such as myself..

Regards,
Garry.