[plug] silly iso question

garry garbuck at tpg.com.au
Sat Mar 16 08:03:09 WST 2002

The library Libranet is version 1.91. At least the disk I donated was..

As the Libranet installation is basically a nice way to get a Debian
installation (and is compatable with .debs), I dont know if it is worth
chasing the latest verson.. Maybe they have some incredible new config tools
or something, but I reckon most of us would be happy to do the Libranet
installation then upgrade to full Woody or Sid..

The Libranet disk has the advantage of using Xfree 4.x and a 2.4.(8?) kernel,
and have some nice user tools for the vim challenged.

I have a mini Woody CD image as well if anyone is interested.. It is around
the 185Mb size, but gets you a 2.4.17 kernel Woody installation.. I have it
on my laptop..

I have both the Libranet (640Mb) and mini Woody images and can bring them to
a PLUG meeting on my laptop for transfer if that would be useful. Or i could
burn copies if that is preferred..

Regards,

Garry.