[plug] Fwd: [CS-FSLUG] Is Linux Your Next OS?

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sat Mar 16 21:20:37 WST 2002

Subject: [CS-FSLUG] Is Linux Your Next OS?
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:26:12 -0600
From: "Timothy R. Butler" <tbutler at uninetsolutions.com>

PCMag.com has an article from well known journalist John C. Dvorak that looks
at why Linux may be in position to become a major desktop player. "Over the
decades of desktop computing, we've witnessed one transition after another.
We changed from 5.25-inch floppy disks to 3.5-inch floppy disks to no floppy
disks. We moved from the CP/M machine to the IBM machine to the PC clone and
from the dot matrix printer to laser and ink jet printers. We changed from
the command line OS to the GUI."

  http://www.ofb.biz/article.php?sid=85&mode=&order=0

Timothy R. Butler                    tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Universal  Networks                       http://www.uninet.info