[plug] removable media backup drives

Daniel cottmain at yahoo.com.au
Tue Mar 19 08:34:11 WST 2002

Hi Plug,
more a follow up question than a contribution I'm afraid:
Is LVM a workable solution for backup?  Is anyone using it successfully?

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO-2.html
2. What is LVM?
"As a very special treat, LVM can even make 'snapshots' of itself which
enable you to make backups of a non-moving target. We return to this
exciting possibility, which has lots of other real-world applications,
later on. "

Cheers.
Daniel.