[plug] Film on Open Source Movement: Revolution OS

Daniel cottmain at yahoo.com.au
Wed Mar 20 06:01:24 WST 2002

Hi Anthony,
http://www.revolution-os.com
it may be a little hard to arrange a special screening, but maybe not
impossible- I don't think the movie has left the US.  I don't know how much
interest there is, nor if we could find anyone keen to follow it up ...
might be a good rev up for sometime before Linuxconf.

"It played for a few short days only in Austin, TX and New York, NY."...
"The film is a bit of an anachronism now, since it culminates before the
harsh fall from grace of Linux and the tech sector on Wall Street.  It's
likely though, that Linux was never really understood by the financial
world, overvalued in '99, and undervalued in current days, the OS is
slowly, and steadily gaining ground by virtue of its own merits"....
" ..Nonetheless, Revolution OS is a fun film for the Linux enthusiast"

Cheers,
Daniel.