[plug] Kernel module error

craig at postnewspapers.com.au craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Mar 21 11:36:12 WST 2002

> Can someone tell me what I need to include or exclude from my kernel to remove the
> following message:
> 			Starting syslog servicesinsmod: /lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/net/ipv6/ipv6.o: insmod net-pf-10 failed
vi /etc/modules.conf (rhat) or /etc/modutils/aliases (debian)
add line:
alias net-pf-10 null
and (if debian)
# update-modutils

That should do it. It removes the message - not fixes the problem if
any.

--
Craig Ringer                                       IT Manager, POST Newspapers
http://www.postnewspapers.com.au/