[plug] etho transmit timeout

craig at postnewspapers.com.au craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Mar 21 11:42:46 WST 2002

> Anybody have any idea what this means and how to stop
> it? It comes up in /var/log/messages every coupleof
> secs.
I find its generally dodgy hardware/connections. Sometimes an IRQ conflict if its an
ISA device, a braindead PCI device w/o irq sharing, or a broken PCI
bios. It could also be dodgy driver support, bad media, compatability
problems with other network devices (MAU/Switch or other card(s)).

Good luck.

--
Craig Ringer                                       IT Manager, POST Newspapers
http://www.postnewspapers.com.au/