[plug] Mudrock meeting Tue 8 April

Sol solhanna at dingoblue.net.au
Fri Mar 22 20:09:08 WST 2002

I just got confirmation from Guild veep Matt Menzel that the green light
is on for a PLUG workshop at 7pm Tuesday 8 April. I did a more thorough
reconnoitre of the room and found that it was very suitable. It has 19
power points, there are plenty of tables and chairs which can be
borrowed from adjacent rooms - tough I think the bar will be locked. ;-)
But for the thirsty there is a Coke machine occupying the 20th power point.

Matt mentioned that he had laid his hands on some hubs and is looking to
make a high speed connection available to us, though I don't think
anything like this will be ready for the first meeting. I think that
part of the quid pro quo might be that I have to form some sort of guild
affiliated group. This will be a semi-official thing which will exist
primarily for bureaucratic reasons, it won't do anything outside of
running the workshops. In any case I'd appreciate it if any Mudrock
students that come along can bump into me and let me write their name
and email address down on a piece of paper to make it look official.

On a related note, I've emailing with the pres and veep of MINCS (the
Mudrock computer people) and some of them seem keen to come along at
some stage. In particular the letters "BSD" were mentioned. I said that
I'd see what I could do about laying my hands on the ISO library. So
Daniel, are you available to come to the meeting on 8 April? Or can I
borrow part of the library for the evening? This could be an opportunity
to sign up more members as well. Is there anyway that this might be
arranged Tony?  Any chance that this workshop could be added to the PLUG
calendar of events?

There seems to be an interest and willingness on the part of Mudrock
people to help out. This could be an opportunity?

regards,

Sol