[plug] Printing PostScript Files from CL

Steve Grasso steveg at calm.wa.gov.au
Wed Mar 27 16:19:07 WST 2002

Surely this isn't rocket science. I have a postscript printer networked to a
workstation, with a suitable entry in /etc/printcap. This printer works fine
from AbiWord/StarOffice etc. I'm trying to set up an automated dump of ps
files to this printer, and thought it was simply a matter of sending ps files
to the printer using lpr. This does not work. So I tried various command-line
incantations using gs, also to no avail. I've absorbed copious quantities of
GoogleOoze and Linux Printing HOWTO. *sigh*
So wassup here??

Steve