[plug] Just got rooted

Mark Nold markn at enspace.com
Sun Mar 31 19:03:28 WST 2002

What is offensive about "rooted"?

Isn't it's common usage amongst geeks to mean that someone has illicitely
gotten access to a root account? Also playing on the double meaning of being
sexully taken advantage of?

It's actually quite clever and I don't see how this is offensive at all.

It's just as offensive as the Root account (wish i had one of those),
Male -> Female adaptors, hard disks (snigger), and seedy roms.

But it's much less offensive than way off topic politically correct posts.

mn

(But then again im a non-snipping top-posting emacs user, so please feel
free to ignore my opinions on the subject :)