[plug] TV Tuner Card

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Mar 31 19:38:27 WST 2002

dunno bout redhat, but Mandrake detects and installs the drivers.  Its
uses the bttv package to supply the modules.  Only sticky one is the
tuner which needs to be identified then the correct module inserted
(there's a list in the bttv package on their website, 0 is pal tecmar (I
think!)), boot messages show what has been detected.

my modules.conf:
alias char-major-81 bttv
options tuner type=0
options bttv card=1

There may also be some i2c modules needed:

lsmod for this gives:
i2c-algo-bit            7136   1  [bttv]
i2c-core               13536   0  [tuner tvaudio bttv via686a i2c-proc
i2c-isa i2c-algo-bit]

Note I also run lmsensors which also uses the i2c.

BillK