[plug] ? Compatible hardware ? Sharp PC-AX40 Notebook ?

Daniel B cottmain at iinet.net.au
Thu May 2 20:42:26 WST 2002

Hi Plug,
I've checked Mandrake compatibility lists, but can't find the model, and
from the little I know they're probably the most up to date lists. (?)

"Port......" still have a special on Sharp PC-AX40 P111 explaining that
Sharp imported too many .  The man in the shop assures me it should run
Linux as 'it has separate video from memory and you won't find that
compatibility with any of the other current notebooks.'

I would buy second hand if I could find something.  I'm looking at $3k of
borrowing with a 2year warranty... so with the money still traveling in the
wrong direction I want to make a good decision, but my other choices are
second hand models from $700  or $1000 up, but I want to get something so I
can take it around to get some help with my studies.

Any thoughts / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel.