[plug] Internet gateway

Richard Henry r.henry at murdoch.edu.au
Fri May 3 00:07:17 WST 2002

Hi James,

I use (and always have used) Debian, and as such I would edit the file
/etc/network/interfaces and under the eth0 interface entry add the line:

	gateway 192.168.100.1

Under Redhat and various other distributions I think (emphasis on *think*)
you need to add the lines

	GATEWAY=192.168.100.1
	GATEWAYDEV=eth0

	to the /etc/sysconfig/network file.  I could be totally wrong though
- I just retired from my housemates birthday bash and my brain has beer
fuzz.

Hope this helps somehow,
Rich.