[plug] Go Peru!

bob bob at contact.omen.com.au
Sun May 5 11:20:24 WST 2002

On Sat, 2002-05-04 at 22:39, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Saturday 04 May 2002 11:06, bob wrote:
> > Peru has passed a law requiring state offices
> > to use Open Source products.  Microsoft is not
> > happy.  This is the Peruvian response to the
> > local Microsoft minion:
>
> > http://www.gnu.org.pe/resmseng.html
>
> That's a damn good read. So polite, so painfully *thorough*. Very Peru! (-:
>
> Cheers; Leon

It was probably even more trenchant in the original Spanish. (A very
good language for being politely insulting I'm told :).

What impressed me was who the author of the letter was...

DR. EDGAR DAVID VILLANUEVA NUÑEZ
Congressman of the Republica of Perú.

So refreshing to have someone so cluefull in politics. I particularly
enjoyed the way points from MS's letter were used to demolish other
points MS made :).

--
bob
Cave canem...te necet lingendo tinitas tu.