[plug] accessing html docs

sol sol at autonomon.net
Sun May 5 17:31:31 WST 2002

I just tried chmod -R a+x kspread to no effect.

localhost:/usr/doc/kde/HTML/en# lsattr index.html
lsattr: No such file or directory while trying to stat index.html

The above was the output for lsattr. So I "chattr -RV = kspread", which
removed any attributes that any file may have had. No success. Whilst I can
read any file as root I can't read any file in any manner as a user. Yet the
permissions are wide open.

localhost:/usr/doc# ls -alp kspread
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           20 Apr 14 18:20 kspread ->
../share/doc/kspread/

This is freakin' weird. Any ideas? Any suggestions on where to look
appreciated.

sol