[plug] PLUG-4-Schools (eduPLUG), proPLUG, membership drive

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Mon May 6 17:41:46 WST 2002

On Monday 06 May 2002 15:47, sol wrote:
> If we started
> now then *maybe* we would be prepared to launch something by early
> next year.

IMHO this would be an appropriate channel into which leftover zeal from
linux.conf.au could be directed. Computer Angels should also be consulted
about this directly, for their obvious interest.

It would probably be helpful, as our numbers increase, to have a professional
SIG as well. Schools who feel that donated computers are beneath them would
probably be more attracted by a professional approach based more on security
and robustness than on cost savings.

We (PLUG) should be starting a concerted membership drive about now, for this
and for extra Conf bodies as well as for the canonical reasons.

Cheers; Leon