[plug] School Software

Gavin Rogers grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au
Tue May 7 10:44:18 WST 2002

Quoting James Elliott <James.Elliott at wn.com.au>:

> One thing in our favour is that the software bundle Microsoft gave the
> schools is starting to get out of date now.  It includes Windows 98
> first
> edition, for example - however some of the Office software is still
> current.

Yes, but schools are able to go to Algar burns and buy the media for things like
Windows 2000 and Windows XP. These are also licensed under the same agreement.

However, few schools have the resources to implement a Windows 2000 rollout, so
it would be safe to say that most schools still run Windows 9x on the desktop.

Regards,

--
Gavin Rogers,                 | Good judgment comes from bad experience,
Systems Administrator         | and a lot of that comes from