[plug] rpm problems

Rob Dunne Rob.Dunne at cmis.CSIRO.AU
Wed May 8 10:29:34 WST 2002

Hi Paul,
         neither "--badreloc --relocate" nor "--badreloc --prefix"
seem to help.

The accompanying install script (whihc just calls rpm) asks for
a installation directory. This suggests that the package is
relocatable. However, when I read the install script more carefully
I see that it says

"RPM 4.0.2 prevents installation into a non-default directory."

This is the rpm that I am using. I guess the only remaining questionis
why does rpm  4.0.2 prevent this? is it a bug or a feature?

Anyway -- I can just install it in /opt/intel and then move it with no
problems

                                thanks and bye
				       rob

anville% sudo rpm -i --badreloc --relocate=/opt/intel=/local/local/intel
                                            intel-mkl_p-5.1-2.i386.rpm
error: can't unlink /local/localintel-RPMDELETE: Is a directory
error: can't rename /local/localintel to /local/localintel-RPMDELETE:
                                           Is a directory
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /local/localintel: cpio:
                               unlink failed - Is a directory

anville% sudo rpm -i --badreloc --prefix /local/local/intel