[plug] OO = Gnome Office?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed May 8 18:46:43 WST 2002

> What I can't figure is whether OOo is going continue to exist separate of GO?
I'd be stunned if openoffice.org just packed up and moved to work on
gnome office en-masse. Personally I'm not sure I want something too
tightly integrated into Gnome (Enlightenment / KDE for me).

It would be, IMHO, a mistake for such a big project to integrate with
one particular desktop environment. Perhaps support features (special wm
hints, docking, etc) of all of them, but I like it how it is. You can
control the color, etc - thats good enough for me.

--
Craig Ringer                                IT Manager, POST Newspapers
http://www.postnewspapers.com.au/