[plug] Linux vs Microsoft

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Wed May 8 20:40:29 WST 2002

On Wed,  8 May 2002 19:55, Anthony Jones wrote:

> Linux is the best OS for people who are not doing their own system
> administration. My girlfriend has no trouble using Linux - she has never
> seriously used any other OS.

Yeah, my wife has about the same level of computer literacy that I expect the
average 'dane computer user to have and she made the switch to linux
relatively painlessly.  She certainly found it less troublesome moving from
W98 to linux than she did from AmigaOS to MacOS7 to W98.  When she was using
W98 there was always a constant barrage of vehement comment radiating from
her work room.  Now there is only contented silence. Bill won't be getting
any of her money soon I can tell you.

skribe
--
Public key information available at:
http://www.amber.com.au/~skribe/publickey.html

>One basic notion underlying Usenet is that it is a cooperative.

Having been on USENET for going on ten years, I disagree with this.
The basic notion underlying USENET is the flame.
-- Chuq Von Rospach, chuq at Apple.COM