[plug] OT: DLS-300 ADSL modem

Paul Dean paul at thecave.cantech.net.au
Thu May 9 09:30:44 WST 2002

Hya Russell,

Pardon me for asking, but why do you want a hardware device to port
forward when you can get your Linux firewall to do the same thing and
more secure way too.

Also I don't think iiNet like you changing the hardware config of the
modem as it is used as an bridged device, meaning they don't send
packets to the modem but to the ethernet device.

Please I don't mean to poke my nose where's not wanted, I'm just wishing
to provide a better solution for you.

Ohh BTW say "hi" to David Elliott for me please.

Thanks...

--
Paul...

/***** Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to
	recognize a mistake when you make it again.
	-- Franklin P. Jones *****/

/*****All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.
            -- Unknown*****/

/* How smart are Computers? They seem to need instructions all the time...
	-- Me */