OT [plug] ISP

Paul Dean paul at thecave.cantech.net.au
Thu May 9 11:32:12 WST 2002

Hya Rob,

I would recommend iiNet ADSL for the folling reasons;

1. The ADSL modem is a bridged device, therefore if the modem has any
security holes they cannot be easly exploited.

2. I have found the level of support quite good in the Advanced Support
area.

3. The 203.59.27.* ip range for ADSL is free, this includes game servers
and ftp.

4. You can run a home network and standard services, eg httpd, ftpd,
mail, etc. without any breach of agreement.

5. ADSL Express account is $85/month 500MB/month download. So far any
billable traffic has only been inbound, but I'm not serving to much
either. This account also give a static IP and they didn't seem to mind
changing the DNS reverse lookup to a name.

I could keep going but have found thses to be the main points for me.

Hope it helps...

Just my 0.02¢

--
Paul...

/***** Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to
	recognize a mistake when you make it again.
	-- Franklin P. Jones *****/

/*****All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.
            -- Unknown*****/

/* How smart are Computers? They seem to need instructions all the time...
	-- Me */