[plug] wine and dlls

Rob Dunne Rob.Dunne at cmis.CSIRO.AU
Thu May 9 21:39:18 WST 2002

Hi list,

        I just installed codeweavers version of wine. It installs
nicely but I cant get it to do anything. It cant find dlls no matter
where I put them

1864 anville% wine guitestbed.exe
Invoking /opt/wine/bin/wine.bin guitestbed.exe ...
err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) OPENGL32.dll (which is needed by Y:\home\bioinfo\software\bruces.test.bed\axpcaviewer.dll) not found
err:win32:PE_LoadLibraryExA can't load Y:\home\bioinfo\software\bruces.test.bed\axpcaviewer.dll
err:module:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loading of native DLL Y:\home\bioinfo\software\bruces.test.bed\axpcaviewer.dll failed (error 14), check this file.
err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) AxPCAViewer.dll (which is needed by Y:\home\bioinfo\software\bruces.test.bed\guitestbed.exe) not found
Wine failed with return code 14

OK -- so it cant find OPENGL32.dll

I put opengl32.dll.so* and    OPENGL32.dll.so*  in the current directory.
-- no change. I try

1867 anville% wine --dll opengl32=so guitestbed.exe

and with capitals -- still no joy. According to the documentation the current
dirsctory is on the search path but putting them in
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\
ie ~/.wine/fake_windows/Windows/System
doenst help either.

                 any ideas?
                                     bye
				     rob

--
 Rob Dunne         Fax: +61 2 9325 3100     Tel: +61 2 9325 3263
 CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences
 http://matilda.vu.edu.au/~dunne  Email: Robert.Dunne at cmis.csiro.au

        Java has certainly revolutionized marketing and litigation.