[plug] OT: ADSL Price and Service- compare Eftel and Arachnet?

Daniel cottmain at iinet.net.au
Fri May 10 13:16:13 WST 2002

Hi Plug, here's a price from Eftel.  How do you think this compares with
Arach.net.au?  Anyway if a few of us join together we can get the wiax sutff
for $7.50 exptra per month instead of $15.  What do you think?
Cheers,
Daniel.

Subject: ADSL Service
Att Daniel,

As per our phone call, here are the plans again.

As per our agreement if you get yourself and  four other users onto our ADSL
service we will give you WAIX Traffic for half price and will continue this
deal for any new users that you refer to our service.  Attached is an
application form to get things underway.

Also something that you may not know is that you will also get free traffic
between you and any other EFTel ADSL customer.

EFTel ADSL Pricing

All plans have a once off setup fee of $130.

The set-up price includes one line filter.  Any other phone outlets with a
phone attached will require another line filter.  Filters are available at
$19.95

Hardware will need to be supplied or purchased upfront.

You will need to choose one of the following to connect to the DSL network :

External ADSL USB modem (D-Link DSL-200) $199

Internal ADSL PCI modem (D-Link DSL 100D) $239

External ADSL Ethernet modem (D-Link DSL-300) $299

External ADSL Ethernet Router/Firewall (D-Link DSL-504) $600

Small Business Gateway Server (includes internal ADSL modem) $2750

Payments are via direct debit from a credit card or savings account for
other payment options a 12 month contract will apply.

1. Warp 256k ADSL $69.95 per month
Always on ADSL connection at 256k download and 64k upload
 2 Gb of data included per month (50% can be used during peak periods)
Excess data used during peak periods 12c per Mb, 6c per Mb off peak
 Monthly payment via credit card or direct debit is required
 No long term contracts
Free traffic to EFTel Games servers, EFTel Tucows and Debian mirrors

2. Warp 512k ADSL $84.95 per month
Always on ADSL connection at 512k download and 128k upload
 4 Gb of data included per month (50% can be used during peak periods)
Excess data used during peak periods 12c per Mb, 6c per Mb off peak
 Monthly payment via credit card or direct debit is required
 No long term contracts
Free traffic to EFTel Games servers, EFTel Tucows and Debian mirrors

3. Warp 1.5M ADSL $149.95 per month
Always on ADSL connection at 1.5Mbit download and 256k upload
 4 Gb of data included per month (50% can be used during peak periods)
 Excess data used during peak periods 12c per Mb, 6c per Mb off peak
 Monthly payment via credit card or direct debit is required
 No long term contracts
Free traffic to EFTel Games servers, EFTel Tucows and Debian mirrors

Available add-ons:

Unlimited Peering (WAIX) Traffic  $15 per month
Static IP Address     $15 per month
Extra 2 Gb volume (50% peak)   $15 per month

Peak period is 7am - midnight every night

If you have any further questions, or would like to test if your local
telephone exchange is ADSL enabled, please contact Stuart Hartley 9420 9977.

Regards
Customer Service
EFTel Pty Ltd