[plug] OT: ADSL Price and Service- compare Eftel and Arachnet?

Arkem (Paul) arkem at mornmist.2y.net
Fri May 10 15:20:40 WST 2002

On Fri, 10 May 2002 13:16, Daniel wrote:
> Hi Plug, here's a price from Eftel.  How do you think this compares
> with Arach.net.au?  Anyway if a few of us join together we can get
> the wiax sutff for $7.50 exptra per month instead of $15.  What do
> you think? Cheers,
> Daniel.

This sounds decent compared to some other ADSL deals I've seen but
the question I'd like to know is whether or not they include uploads
in your data traffic. Telstra's 3gb is Uploads+Downloads while other
groups its just downloads that are counted. I also would like to know
what their stance on running services are and also whether they block
any incomming ports like some other providers do.

Anyone have any answers or should I contact Eftel since their webpage
is very uninformative.

- Paul C