[plug] Ambiguous redirection error

Paul Dean paul at thecave.cantech.net.au
Sat May 11 09:46:48 WST 2002

Hya Richard,

How are you "looking" for you files to be listed in the script?

The way I've done my backup scripts is by using find.
ie `find "$hdata" $mdata" -type f -print | egrep -v "$notmatch" >"$tmpfdst"`

Where hdata="./home/" and mdata="./var/spool/mail" notmatch="files you
don't want to backup in the vars" then redirecting it to a file in var tmpfdst.

Then use tar -z -c "$dst/$bkp" -T "$tmpfdst"

Tar creates and gzips the file and gets file listing from $tmpfdst.

Hope this helps...

--
Paul...

/***** Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to
	recognize a mistake when you make it again.
	-- Franklin P. Jones *****/

/*****All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.
            -- Unknown*****/

/* How smart are Computers? They seem to need instructions all the time...
	-- Me */