[plug] OT ADSL Price & Service- compare Westnet / Eftel / Arachnet/others?

Daniel cottmain at iinet.net.au
Sat May 11 15:16:00 WST 2002

Thanks for the input on this.  Just a bit of a 'progress report' from my
point of view.

I phoned Arachnet and spoken with a secretary Friday after 4, but not heard
back.  Web site shows mobile phones for afterhours contact.

Eftel man I have spoken with seems to get caught up and is most apologetic
when I have to phone him back each time.

Westnet support advise they have 15 people on support and have won awards for
customer support.  Support staff suggest I confirm with sales people on
Monday, but say they think their adsl comes with one free static ip.
Install costs and monthly costs seem to be better than others even without
any group discount. (256- 5 gig $79, 512 - 5 gig $99 both with free waix, but
should confirm that ip is static on Monday)

Westnet seem to have a fair edge on the others.
.... only my perception.  Any thoughts/ corrections /input welcome.
Cheers,
Daniel.