[plug] Proglems with NFS Installation of Mandrake 8.2

Steege, Phil E phil.e.steege at lmco.com
Mon May 13 19:56:55 WST 2002

I cannot get the NFS installation to work and could use some help.
I have a DVD of Linux Format issue for May and it has Mandrake 8.2 distro.
I have two machines, machine 1 with Redhat 7.2 and a Ricoh cd/cd-rw/dvd
player and machine 2 with a Mandrake 8.1 system.
I can nfs mount the dvd onto machine 2 from machine 1 with no problems
normally.
I created a network.img floppy with no problems.
When I boot machine 2 with the floppy, everything works fine until the part
where it should read the dvd across the nfs.
Then I get the following error:

Error in exec of stage 2:-(
Fatal Error in Stage 1: Permission Denied

I checked the logs and it shows that machine 2 successfully made a nfs
connection, but then dies.
I have the same user name on both machines.  My exports file is:
/mnt/cdrom <machine 2> (rw, no_root_squash)

Any ideas ?

Phil