[plug] You've got virus! (was: A very excite game)

Colin Muller colin at twobluedots.com.au
Tue May 14 08:51:16 WST 2002

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 08:20:03AM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 May 2002 00:01, homeandgarden wrote:
> > <HTML><HEAD></HEAD><BODY>
>
> > <FONT>This is a very  excite game<br>
> > This game is my first work.<br>
> > You're the first player.<br>
> > I wish you would enjoy it.</FONT></BODY></HTML>
>
> You've got a virus! There's always `one degree of separation between
> convenience and catastrophe' with Microsoft software.

Careful here, Leon. There's a good chance that
homeandgarden at mail.ivillage.com had nothing to do with the sending of
the mail you received. Certainly the headers you included do not match
mail.ivillage.com. My wife (a Linux user) had her email address
trawled from a mailing list and misused on this same "my first game"
email, much like a forged From address in a spam. It was sent from
somewhere in Malaysia, some compromised Win machine, I suppose, but
certainly not hers.

Colin