[plug] Debian dpkg status question

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue May 14 16:44:00 WST 2002

> No damage was done because of the dependencies which did not allow Perl to
> be blown away.  Probably would not have mattered if it had, a simple
> apt-get maneouver would have seen it back in its rightful place.   Anyway
> getting a status listing now for perl shows that it is marked for Purge,
> current status is OK and that it is installed.

Hmm. dselect can do it obviously. Maybe just "apt-get install perl" will
toggle the purge/install flag?
Otherwise there is an apt- or dpkg- utility to do it, but I can't
remember which one does it off the top of my head, sorry.

--
Craig Ringer                                IT Manager, POST Newspapers
http://www.postnewspapers.com.au/